Craft would be so much better if only…

transforms

Craft3 suggestion: please allow image transforms to create progressive JPEGs/interlaced GIFs/PNGs… and also allow for support of image post-processing tools like `jpegoptim`, `pngcrush`, etc, etc. This is all invaluable for “client-proofing” websites, and ensuring optimal images. Also adding support for percentage-based origins as generated by the FocusPoint plugin: https://github.com/smcyr/Craft-FocusPoint

Right now, I eschew Craft’s transforms completely, and install the Imager plugin, because the Craft transforms don’t support the above.

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan MasugaRyan Masuga commented  · 

We use Imager for all image transformations (and Focus Point...). Basically, if Imager was core transformation functionality, that would be a major upgrade for image handling in Craft.

• Daniel HowellsDaniel Howells commented  · 

For me, this would be the single best improvement to Craft I can think of right now. Standard transformations result in huge files.

• idol chanidol chan commented  · 

Also add 'transforms on upload' options so images can be delivered faster since user don't have to wait the transform to be executed when 1st request. This is useful when content is highly dynamic.

• Jeremy DaalderJeremy Daalder commented  · 

I agree but would add sharpening as being pretty much essential too - Craft's default transforms all result in very soft images, the unsharp mask control in Imager makes it essential for that alone...

Feedback and Knowledge Base